Ok, today I'm really hurting. I walked, and stood in line, and climbed steps, and stood up/sat down over and over; so today, my muscles are really screaming at me...especially those left leg muscles. But it was worth it. I cannot believe I went down there all by myself "in my condition" but I certainly have "angels" that stood by me to help me through.
I already voted; and I did not vote for Sen. Barack Obama either. However I was curious, and I just had to go see. Now I'm convinced that out of the three choices, he would make the most fit and competent President of the United States. His big criticism is that he is all rhetoric; but it's not really his talking style that got me (although he is good no doubt about that). What gets me are the things he chooses to talk about. I admit, the first time I really took notice is when he needed to give that speech regarding that whole Rev. Wright fiasco. I just couldn't believe he said the truth...and not what the general public wanted to hear. He said this explicitly at the rally; that our future is too important to keep giving in to "the ways of Washington" and a President needs to tell people want they need to hear...not what they want them to hear. I just hope his approach doesn't offend too many people (although it's liable to offend some, that's for sure).
It was great to see all of the different types of people who came out to see Sen. Obama. There were even some Jews there (yes, I really want a Hebrew Barack Obama shirt). People were so excited about the prospect of things changing...although I can't truly participate...it was wonderful to witness.
When I came to the rally, I was walking the the end of the line (a loooong walk it would of been too) when these super-nice ladies offered for me to come in the line with them. We sat together at the rally. I told them I would send them pictures and video -- I mean that is the least that I can do. I got home last night I put the pictures onto Picasa and tried to send them to the e-mail address she wrote down. Nope. I just can't make out her writing. Now I feel really bad. I don't know why on earth I did not verify the address with her then...or ask for a phone number (I don't know though...nowadays, e-mail seems much less creepy). Now she probably thinks I fibbed. My only hope is to call this guy who gave me his number (for ulterior motives.....so "urgh" there) and see if his brother has their information...because I 'think' the brother was 'talking' to the one woman's daughter. At least I hope that was her daughter.
Well I'm going to go back to my e-mail. There's a ton of stuff going on over there...including an interest response for a local sorority member at Frostburg State University...which is pretty darn exciting.


0 comments:
Post a Comment