Wednesday, July 9, 2008

So the Bangla Stylee Comes Out



Bengalis represent..LOL!

You know I forget sometimes that I'm 1/4 Bengali. I guess because I don't have any living family connection to it anymore; hence it's more of a curious fact then my day-to-day reality.

I remember when I was a kid growing up, I never really understood 'what' my Grandmother (she would from where I get my Bengali from) was exactly. She was born and raised in Jamaica; although she sure enough did not look like any other Jamaican I personally knew. She used to love Asian (as in East Asian) decor. Then there was another woman in town who from Thailand and people remarked how they looked "like sisters"....so I think for a while, I thought my Grandmother was Thai. She never really spoke about her background (she lost both parents at a pretty young age) and I didn't have a reference point so...

Anyway, this song is hot; now I'm kinda hungry for some Indian food.

0 comments: